Welcome to Episode 1! This podcast is all about helping you make Better Money Decisions. Your host is Kate Stalter, who is a financial columnist for US News and World Report, Forbes, and TheStreet.com. She is the founder and CIO of B$D and is joined by her colleague, Lorraine Ell. Lorraine is the new CEO of B$D and describes herself as a serial entrepreneur. She has successfully established and run businesses from Saudi Arabia to Budapest, Hungary. Lorraine is aware of the pitfalls of financial decisions that impact your business AND your personal finances. B$D is structured differently than traditional stock brokers because we are CLIENT-FOCUSED. We are here to help you, so join us for the journey!
What you can expect to hear in this episode:
- EVERYONE goes through financial decisions that aren’t “so wonderful.”
- Kate laughs about an article she wrote long ago titled Stock-Picking: The Formula for Success, but her financial philosophy has changed since then as her knowledge has grown.
- “Anchoring”—when you look back on the mistakes you’ve made in the past and find them difficult to overcome psychologically.
- This podcast won’t be full of the “same old” financial advice that you’ve heard over and over again: “Spend less than you make,” or “Stop buying Starbucks!”
- Financial decisions are not a “One Size Fits All” scenario.
- Financial decisions are about what people value and want to spend their money on, and this differs for everyone!
- “Baby Boomers” and “Millennials” feel different about things like home ownership, travel, family, etc.
- B$D is about people reaching decision points and NOT following a static “financial plan.”
- EVERY major life event has a financial component, and we don’t always know how we’ll react.
- Focal points for this podcast will be giving you insights into these financial decisions and bringing guests to you with the expertise to help.
- To make Better Money Decisions NOW:
- Assess what you DO value most in life—your internal motivation.
- Decide what you hope for in the future.
- Learn to use money to make your life fulfilling and happy.
www.bettermoneydecisions.com (Reach out to us via our website, ask us your questions, and tell us your concerns and financial pain points. Find our B$D Action Plan to help you NOW!)