Welcome! I’ve been a fan of today’s guest for quite awhile. I like his approach to a “rich life.” He is Beau Henderson, who is an author, radio show host, and financial advisor. His book is The Rich Life: Ten Investments for True Wealth.
What You’ll Hear from Beau:
- We must blend the principles of money and real-life into “Functional Financial Planning.”
- “A Rich Life” boils down to what people value, connect to, and what “lights” them up.
- Media that Beau uses most? Radio and Audible for reading books
- About his decision points early in his life, Beau says, “I’m the poster child for learning lessons from messing up!”
- Beau has a unique perspective of looking at life as a school curriculum that we have to repeat until we pass.
- An attitude of gratitude!
- “Life School”—how this realization hit Beau with a seven-figure debt!
- Beau learned the priceless lessons of risk, relationships, partnerships, and survival.
- “I was determined to learn the lesson and be better for it.”
- Listen to hear about the turning point that brought him face to face with reality.
- “Don’t pursue wealth, but view it as a tool to create a meaningful life.”
- Beau’s focus is to build something that has a legacy to it.
- He has a partnership with Junior Achievement in a financial literacy course for kids.
- Today’s kids have less savings and more debt than their parents!
- Experiential learning is necessary to be a good financial advisor.
- Everyone should be talking about money!
- “Being an ostrich with your head in the sand is a BAD financial plan!”
- Get clarity and be honest about where you are with your money right now—KNOW YOUR NUMBERS!