Welcome! My guest today is Christy Haussler, who is the founder and CEO of Team Podcast. Christy is here to talk about how she achieved something that most people only dream about: leaving her corporate job and moving to Key West to run her own growing business that is completely location-independent. Christy tells us how she does it!
What you’ll hear from Christy:
- Christy and I met and connected through Podcasters’ Paradise, and I learned her incredible story!
- Christy obtained a college degree in education, but quickly realized that the business world is more lucrative and more interesting to her.
- She experienced a job loss through downsizing from her company and went to a small company that required a very long daily commute.
- Christy discovered podcasts and soon became a local business advocate, but noticed they were not represented in the podcast world.
- She began a five-day/week podcast dedicated to bringing awareness to local businesses.
- Miraculous doors opened one-by-one to relocate to Key West even though it was scary to take the “leap.”
- Christy started Team Podcast to create the company she looked for to do the podcast outsourcing tasks that she couldn’t find.
- Her business works with 25-30 podcasts and is constantly growing.
- Christy still finds time to listen to podcasts and is a self-described “business junkie,” both for herself and for her clients.
- Even though Christy attributes her good financial sense to the example set by her parents, she says, “Good financial sense and work ethic don’t equal fulfillment!”
- Most entrepreneurs stay employed TOO long and it handicaps their skills and abilities.
- “The universe is bigger than numbers.” Sometimes your decisions go against the numbers.
- Regarding her decision to change her life, “Whatever I will lose in the process will be worth it in the long run.”
- Christy’s transition wasn’t a planned-out process, but the action of taking one step at a time through the NEXT open door.
- The beauty of a location-independent business is the freedom you have to work anywhere!
- If your livelihood depends on self-promotion, then you MUST become comfortable with it.
- “Passion for your business doesn’t pay the power bill.”
- Christy’s inspiration comes from her father, and from Suze Orman’s “People Over Things” philosophy of financial management.
- Living to accumulate things will keep you trapped in a life you don’t want to live!
- Christy’s advice? “Life-changing decisions can’t be made in a day. Do something TODAY to take small steps to make it happen or to get you one step closer.”
- Consumerism and pressure from today’s society will land you in a financial MESS!
- For most people, the lifestyle decisions we make from day to day DO NOT align with our ultimate dreams and goals.
www.teampodcast.com (Christy’s specialty is helping with launching podcasts, podcast strategy and production. She would love to encourage and help you on YOUR business journey!)
Email Christy: email@example.com